Sunday, December 7, 2014

Winter Blues Chevron Cowl

This super-cute cowl will be a gift in my family's Christmas game-- recipient TBA!


For this cowl, I used a size "I" crochet hook with the following yarn:
- Red Heart Super Saver, Turqua
- Red Heart Super Saver, Grey Heather
- Red Heart Super Saver, Icelandic

As for the pattern of colors-- it's 2 rows of grey, 3 rows of turquoise, 2 rows of grey, and then lots of rows of the blue blend.

I closely followed the Winter Waves Chevron Cowl pattern by Cre8tion Crochet.  One variation right off the bat-- I started with a chain of 34 only.  Also, I inserted the crochet hook into the back loops only (often abbreviated as BLO in crochet patterns).  I'm really glad I did this-- it created a neat ribbed look!


To finish, I did a whip stitch into the back loops only of last row and the front loops only of the first row to try to replicate the other rows.  It came out nearly perfect on one side and a little more noticeable on the other.  Regardless, I like how it turned out.


The cowl measures 26 inches around and 9 inches tall-- creating cozy layers and waves.

Hope you're feeling inspired to start your next crochet project!

Happy hooking,
Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest? Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment