Saturday, November 2, 2013

Granny Square Baby Blanket with Scallop Edging

This blanket was fun to make and was a gift to a second-cousin, Shalaney, who is the big sister to the recipient of the Striped Baby Boy Blanket, actually!


I was inspired by the look of the granny square stitch with scalloped edging that I saw on Craftmumship's blog (and I'm definitely feeling inspired by her kid's poncho tutorial... adding it to my to-do list!).


For this project, I used a size K crochet hook and the following yarn:
- Red Heart Super Saver, Monet (3 skeins - 244 yards)
- Red Heart Super Saver, Orchid (very little)



As I have in past projects, I followed the tutorial for Lisa's Granny Square Afghan Crochet Pattern. Altogether, I crocheted 26 rounds of the granny square stitch.


After that, I switched to the solid purple yarn and crocheted one round of single crochet stitch.  Then, I crocheted one round of shell edging.  For the scalloped edging, I followed these instructions for the small shell edging.


The blanket measures 30 inches by 30 inches, and is definitely one of my favorites!


I hope this gives you some inspiration for your own projects.  Happy stitching!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I think you should write a beginner's 101 blog. Currently I am trying to teach myself to crochet. Working on the single stitch as a blanket..I was just practicing and decided I should change it into something other than a long strand...hehe

    ReplyDelete