Monday, November 18, 2013

Child's Poncho with Scalloped Edging

This project was surprisingly easy and came together very quick.  It will make a great Christmas present for my niece, Mariella.  (Sssh!  Don't tell her!)


I followed the Child 'Coming Home' Poncho pattern from Lion Brand Yarns.  Side note: You'll need to create an account and sign-in to access this pattern.

My stitches tend to be a little tight, so I followed the size 7-8 pattern and used a size K crochet hook to be sure to create the right size for my niece.


For the body, I used a pink/green blend yarn called Pink Camo by Red Heart Super Saver (2 skeins, 244 yards).  For the collar, I happened to have some leftover Red Heart SuperSaver in Perfect Pink which matched perfectly.



I'm really happy with the finished product and definitely plan to use this pattern again and again!  This size 7 pattern measures as follows:  25 inches wide, 19 inches long, and 16-inch neck hole (stretches wider).


Hope you're feeling inspired to tackle your next crochet project.  Happy stitching!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment