Monday, March 24, 2014

Leaping Stripes & Blocks Baby Blanket

This baby blanket is a gift for my cousin, Daisy who is expecting her first child-- a baby boy-- in April.  And to go with it, I crocheted a matching baby beanie in the same leaping stripes and blocks pattern.


The color palette was inspired by Daisy's wedding colors: purple & turquoise.  For yarn, I used 1-1/2 skeins each of Red Heart Super Saver in Dark Orchid, Red Heart Super Saver in Turqua, and Red Heart with Love in Pewter.


For this project, I followed Moogly's tutorial for the Leaping Blocks and Stripes Blanket.  I used a size "I" crochet hook and followed the pattern for a standard baby blanket (36" by 36").


For the color pattern, I simply alternated rows of turquoise, grey, and purple throughout the blanket.  And for edging, I did a single crochet stitch around the entire blanket in turquoise.


Despite following the pattern for a 36" by 36" standard baby blanket, this blanket turned out much larger-- about 50" by 50".  I suppose that just means Alcott has room to grow!


Hope this inspires you to start your next project... Happy hooking!

Jilliane


Update:  Alcott Jameson was born on March 31!



Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is awesome! I actually was totally looking for Moogly's Leaping Blocks and Stripes inspiration for my 10yo son who asked for a blanket that was purple but not girlie!

    ReplyDelete