Monday, March 24, 2014

Leaping Stripes & Blocks Newborn Beanie

My cousin, Daisy and her husband are expecting their first child in late-April, so I decided to make crochet a matching blanket and beanie for the little guy.


After crocheting the beanie, I was feeling skeptical about the sizing, so I made some adjustments and crocheted a second smaller beanie.  Throughout the blog, I'll refer to the baby beanie and the newborn beanie.

For both beanies, I used the same three colors of yarn as I did with the matching blanket-- Red Heart Super Saver in Dark Orchid, Red Heart Super Saver in Turqua, and Red Heart with Love in Pewter.  And once again, I followed Moogly's Leaping Stripes and Blocks pattern.

Here are my notes for the newborn beanie:  
I used a size G crochet hook.  After completing Round 3 (36 stitches), I skipped ahead to Round 5 of the leaping blocks section.  After completing Rounds 5-10 of the leaping blocks pattern, I skipped ahead to Round 13.  For the edging, I crocheted only 3 chains.

The newborn beanie measures about 5-1/2 inches tall and 13 inches around.

Here are my notes for the baby beanie:
I used a size "I" crochet hook.  After completing Round 3 (36 stitches), I skipped ahead to Round 5 of the leaping blocks section.

The baby beanie measures about 7-1/2 inches tall and 15 inches around.


I am so excited to see the handsome little guy wearing his beanies!  Hope this gives you some inspiration for your next project.  Happy hooking!

Jilliane


Update:  Alcott Jameson was born on March 31!



Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment