Friday, March 14, 2014

Houndstooth Infinity Scarf

After crocheting so many blankets lately, I was excited to work on a smaller and quicker project.  This houndstooth infinity scarf is a birthday gift to my sister, Allison who's turning 29... again.  (Love ya, sis!)


I was inspired by the Hounds Tooth Scarf pattern by Kathy Lashley.  My stitch tends to be a little tight, so I used a size K crochet hook-- one size larger than recommended in the tutorial.  For yarn, I used Red Heart Super Saver in Zebra (244 yards) and Red Heart with Love in Boysenberry (370 yards, used about half).

I had good luck using the black/white blend yarn (Zebra) before with the Thick and Quick Steelers Blanket. With both projects, the blended yarn created a neat pattern with no effort on my part.  With this scarf, I noticed the zig-zag pattern emerging after about 20 inches and was able to choose a stopping point that completed the pattern perfectly.


This pattern was really fun to do!  Switching back and forth between single crochet and double crochet stitches kept it interesting.  And the project moved so quickly with the blogger's suggestion to crochet around the loose yarn, rather than cutting it when switching colors after each row.

Modeling my amazing creation... :)

The scarf measures approximately 9 inches wide by 60 inches long/around.  As you can see, it layers nicely to create a cute cowl effect-- perfect for cold winter weather!  (Perhaps I'll crochet another one for myself!)

Well, hope this gives you some inspiration.  Happy hooking!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment