Sunday, December 22, 2013

Never-Ending Granny Square Blanket

This was a fun project for our niece, Isabella, who I hope will love to cuddle with her new blanket.


I followed The Crochet Crowd's video tutorial for the Never Ending Granny Square.  I used a size H crochet hook and 1-1/2 skeins each of following Red Heart Super Saver yarns:  Soft White, Perfect Pink, and Glowworm.


About 22 minutes into the video tutorial, the instructor talks about splitting one of the shells.  For that shell, I decided to crochet four double crochet stitches, so that it wouldn't be noticeable that one of the double crochets was covered up by the next color yarn.


For edging, I did a single crochet stitch all the way around the blanket.  I crocheted three single crochets into the top of each shell and one single crochet around the yarn in the spaces between shells.

Altogether, the blanket measures 38 inches by 37 inches.  As the video instructor said, this blanket isn't perfectly square because of the "never-ending" aspect of the pattern.  If you study it real hard, the center looks a little cockeyed but honestly-- it's not too noticeable.


Hope this gives you some inspiration for a new project.  Happy hooking!


Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment