Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ripple Stitch Baby Blanket

This blanket is a gift for one of my adorable second cousins, Aiden, who will soon be a big brother to the recipient of the Vintage Fan Ripple Stitch blanket.


I was inspired by the color pattern of two blankets-- one on Etsy and one on the Rainbow blog. Both involved varying the thickness of the stripes, which I thought was a pretty cool look.


I followed the Crochet Crowd's video tutorial for the wave/ripple stitch as I have for past projects, like the Cascading Pink Ripple Stitch Baby Blanket.


I used a size H crochet hook and the following yarns:
- Red Heart Super Saver, Aran (beige), 744 yards
- Red Heart with Love, Mango, 370 yards
- Red Heart with Love, Berry Red, 370 yards

The color pattern was as follows:  beige, mango, beige, mango, beige, berry, berry... and repeat.


To finish, I edged the blanket in beige.  This involved creating half double crochet stitches along both straight sides, followed by a row of single crochet stitches around the entire blanket.  As I did with the Cascading Pink Ripple Stitch Baby Blanket, I started the final row in the nook of a ripple to help hide it better.


This blanket turned out really cute and measures 45 inches by 36 inches-- a great size for a toddler.

I hope this gives you some inspiration... Happy hooking!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment