Saturday, November 23, 2013

Simple Child's Poncho

This poncho is so sweet and will be a great Christmas gift for my adorable niece, Laurina.


I followed the Child Coming Home Poncho pattern by Lion Brand Yarns.  I've used this pattern once before to make a Pink/Multi Poncho for another niece-- the big sister to this poncho's recipient, actually!  This pattern is very easy to follow and is available in three sizes.


I used a size K crochet hook and Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Orchid (about 1/2 skein) and Monet (just enough for the collar and edging).  To get started, I followed the size 4 pattern, but did a slight variation to make this poncho look different from the other one.  


Variation:
The pattern called for 10 rows of the block stitch, followed by 4 rows of the shell edging. Instead, I crocheted 13 rows of the block stitch (12 rows in Orchid and 1 row in Monet), then I finished with 2 rows of single crochet stitch in Orchid.  Finally, I used the Monet yarn for the collar.


The finished product is 14-1/2 inches long and 19 inches wide, and the collar measures 15 inches around (although, it stretches wider).


Hope this gives you some new ideas for your next crochet project.  Happy stitching!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment