Sunday, December 14, 2014

Popcorn Cowl

Alright... You're getting another sneak-peek at a Christmas gift for my mother:  what I like to call the Popcorn Cowl!


For this cowl, I followed Crafty Begonia's Julie Cowl pattern.  I'm not sure if I stitched 90 chains like the pattern called for-- I just counted by twos to be sure I stitched an even number of chains.

For yarn, I used Red Heart Super Saver in Grey Heather with a size "H" crochet hook.

This cowl measures 24 inches around and 9 inches tall.  When worn, it folds into cute and cozy layers.  See?


This pattern was fun to do, because it alternated stitches for each row (double-crochet stitches for one row, followed by single-crochet and treble stitches in the next row).  This kept it interesting and enjoyable.  I could see using this pattern again for a blanket-- how cozy!!

Hope you're feeling inspired to start your next crochet project.  

Happy hooking,
Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest? Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment