Sunday, December 7, 2014

Half-Double Crochet Cowl

Can you keep a secret?  This beautiful cowl will be a Christmas present for my mother!


I used a size "L" crochet hook with less than one skein of Caron yarn in Fresh Green.  For the pattern, I loosely followed the Easy Weekend Afghan pattern by Baby to Boomer Lifestyle. Instead of using three strands of yarn like the pattern calls for, I used just one strand.  I can see how using multiple strands would create a beautiful, thick blanket in no time flat!


To finish, I whip stitched the first and last rows together.  Altogether, the cowl measures 9 inches wide and 22 inches around.  Can't wait to see it on my mom!


Have a wonderful holiday season full of family, fun, and crochet projects!

Happy hooking,
Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest? Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment