Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ripple Stitch Beach Blanket

This blanket is the result of my niece's wild imagination.  Long story short, I inherited 30+ skeins of yarn from my Great Grandma Bolt's collection and my niece dreamed up the idea of beach-themed blanket.

Coolest thing about this project?  My nieces are cuddling up with a blanket crocheted by their aunt and made of yarn picked out by their great-great-grandmother!

My imaginative niece, Mariella

I used a size "G" crochet hook and many colors of scrap yarn.  The stitch is the Large Ripple Crochet Pattern by Daisy Cottage Designs and includes easy-to-follow instructions.

Because I was working with scrap yarn, I changed colors very often.  To keep it smooth and hidden, I used a technique called the Russian Join.  Easy peasy!

Mariella with photo bomber / little sister, Laurina

I'm realizing now that I forgot to measure this blanket but I'm going to estimate that it's close to 40 inches wide and 30 inches tall.

Hope you're feeling inspired for your next project... Happy hooking!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment