Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Amigurumi Pumpkin

Fall is in full swing with the beautiful foliage, chilly mornings, and Halloween right around the corner.  It's only fitting that my latest project is a pumpkin!


I used a size "G" crochet hook and scrap yarn in orange, brown, and green.  Just like the Ripple Stitch Beach Blanket, this project has an extra special touch-- it was made with yarn that I inherited from my Great-Grandma Bolt.  For the stuffing, I used Silky Soft's ultra soft poly-fil found at JoAnn Fabrics (on sale last week!).  


This adorable pumpkin measures 14-1/2 inches around and 5 inches tall.  It took only a few hours to complete following Lion Brand Yarn's Amigurumi Happy Pumpkin pattern.  You'll notice that I skipped the step of adding a smiley face.  I thought it looked too Halloween-y, and I want to use the pumpkin as a decoration into Thanksgiving time.  

Hope you're feeling motivated to start your next project!

Happy hooking,
Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment