Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cowl in Narcissus Lace Tunisian Stitch

This crocheted cowl was a birthday gift for my mother.  Cowls are fun to do because they're so small and can be stitched up in a few evenings.  Not to mention, they're a great way to try out a new stitch!


For this project, I used a size "I" Tunisian crochet hook and about half a skein of Red Heart Super Saver in Buff.  I tried a new stitch called the Narcissus Lace Tunisian Stitch by M. J. Joachim, which included pictures and easy-to-follow instructions.


My mother is petite (only 5'1"!), so I made sure to keep the cowl small, too.  It measures 8 inches tall and 11-1/2 inches wide (making it 23 inches around).  For someone who's taller, you may want to add an inch or two to the width. 

Hope this gives you some new inspiration for your next crochet project... Happy hooking!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment