Saturday, October 26, 2013

Newborn Hat with Flower

My latest project was a cute little hat for my best friend's baby girl, Emma Kate.


This is my first-ever attempt at crocheting a hat, and it was surprisingly easy.  I followed a tutorial by Aesthetic Nest who explained the pattern step-by-step.  This tutorial is great-- it even provides patterns for different sizes.  I used a size G crochet hook and followed the pattern for size 3-6 month.  Side note: I think this size is closer to newborn... perhaps my stitch is a little tight?


This project only used a little bit of yarn-- I'm not sure exactly how much.  I used scrap yarn left over from other projects:
- Red Heart Super Saver, Orchid
- Caron Simply Soft, Off-White

The only variation I made was on the flower.  Rather than crochet the entire project in one color, I crocheted the first layer of the flower in cream and the second layer in purple.  I really like how it turned out!


Well, hope this gives you some inspiration... Have stitching!

Jilliane


Update:  Emma Kate was welcomed into the world on November 27.  At 7-1/2 pounds, her hat fit perfectly!



Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment