Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thick & Quick Baby Blanket

This adorable baby blanket was whipped up in just a few hours for our friends' first child, Lauren Alyse.  It is a simple, single crochet stitch using three strands of yarn simultaneously.  I was inspired by the Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket Tutorial and used those instructions to get started.


Something I really like about this pattern is how creative you can get with the possibilities-- color combinations, yarn weight, number of strands of yarn, etc.  I've used this pattern/stitch once before to make a Pittsburgh Steelers scarf using a strand each of black and yellow yarn, and it turned out great.


For this blanket, I used a size P crochet hook and the following yarn:
- Red Heart Super Saver, Perfect Pink (2 - 364 yards)
- Red Heart Super Saver, Orchid (2 - 364 yards)
- Red Heart with Love, Pewter (2 - 370 yards)


I purchased two skeins of each color to be on the safe side, but ended up using only about 1-1/2 skeins of each.  The blanket measures 30 inches by 40 inches-- the perfect size to use as a winter-time blanket, as a crib mat, or for tummy time.


I hope this gives you some inspiration.  Happy stitching!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! What exactly does this mean?!?! PS The name of this blog cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Wish I had learned to crochet instead of knit!

    ReplyDelete