Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pittsburgh Steelers Kid's Scarves

Last winter, I was feeling motivated and decided to make black and yellow Pittsburgh Steelers scarves for our three nephews who are big Steelers fans.  I wanted each scarf to be unique so that the boys could tell them apart from each other, so I picked these three distinct patterns.  If my memory serves me right, I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn-- one skein each in black and yellow.

Scarf #1:
I followed Red Heart's Rib Crochet Striped Pattern and then added some fringe on the ends.  (This scarf was so soft and squishy!)



Scarf #2:  
I adapted the Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket tutorial slightly to achieve this look with two strands of yarn-- with more fringe, of course.



Scarf #3:
I followed the Crochet Crowd's video tutorial for the wave/ripple pattern and then added fringe to finish it up.  



I hope this gives you some inspiration... Happy stitching!

Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment