Thursday, January 30, 2014

Child Hat with Ribbon Bow

Little Miss Emma grew out of her newborn hat, so I decided to crochet a new one for her!


Just like last time, I followed the 3-6 month pattern by Aesthetic Nest Crochet.  This time I used a size K crochet hook and thick, bulky yarn:  Lion Brand Yarns in Phoenix Azalea (1 skein, 64 yards).  

A couple variations from the pattern:
1)  I followed the pattern up to Round 5 (and added 1 extra hdc for 36 hdc total).  Then, I skipped ahead to Rounds 9-10 of the pattern (maintaining 36 hdc).  After that, I skipped ahead to Round 12 (decreasing to 33 hdc), followed by the eyelet and edging rounds. Final measurement:  18-inch circumference.

2) I skipped the flower this time; instead, I weaved a wide, grey ribbon through the posts/spaces and finished with a simple bow.

Front


Back

This was a fun, quick project and I hope it keeps Emma cute and warm!

Happy hooking,
Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment