Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pink Ribbon Scarf

This scarf is made to look like the well-known Breast Cancer Awareness pink ribbon, and I plan to give it to my colleague, Sue who is fighting back against a recent diagnosis.


For this project, I used a size "L" crochet hook with Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Perfect Pink and Soft White.


I followed the Wrapped in Hope Scarf pattern posted on Ravelry.  This pattern was very easy to follow and involved single, double, and half double crochet stitches.  Even creating the slit for weaving in the scarf was surprisingly easy to do.  


I deviated slightly from the pattern when I added the half-double crochet stitches in white for the edging, as well as the fringe for a final touch.  I'm happy with the outcome!



This scarf is cozy, cute, and girly-- plus it lays nicely with the slit opening.  It measures 46 inches long by 4-1/2 inches wide.


Hope this leaves you feeling inspired to start your next crochet project.  

Happy hooking,
Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

No comments:

Post a Comment