Saturday, December 31, 2016

Ben's Striped Baby Blanket

I'm baaack!

I've been MIA for a year and a half, and the reason is simple:  I had a baby!  My sweet boy is 14 months old now and tucked in for the night.

One of my New Years resolutions is to do more crocheting and blogging again.  So, here I am getting a jumpstart on my resolution by writing this blog post before the clock strikes midnight.  I think I can.  I think I can.

Truth be told, I finished this blanket back in September 2015 while I was pregnant with my son. Third trimester exhaustion kicked my butt, though, and I had no motivation to write this post until now.  (I've written it in my head countless times if that's worth anything.).  

"You're how late on posting this blog, Mama?!" (blanket in the background)
For this project, I followed the Soft Stripes Cross Over Double Crochet Afghan pattern with a size G or H crochet hook.  My memory is a bit foggy, but I'm fairly certain I didn't do any variations to the pattern.

Sweet dreams, sweetie boy.
I used Snuggly Wuggly Yarn by Loops and Threads in Silly Sprite, Blue Yonder, and Soft Gray.  This yarn was a great choice!  It's super soft and durable enough to be washed regularly.  The blanket came out to be a nice size-- about 30 by 45 inches.

I hope this post offers some inspiration for your next project in 2017.  

Happy New Year,
Jilliane


Are you on Pinterest?  Follow my latest handiwork or crochet inspiration board!  

2 comments: